JOIN THE ARBS TEAM!
Architectural Roofing + Building Supplies has new opportunities arising in all areas of the business.
Sheet Metal Craftsman and Metal Cladding Fabricator
We’re growing and fast! Architectural Roofing + Building Supplies Pty Ltd is looking for sheet metal craftsmen to join our skilled team. Prior cladding experience is not essential, if you know sheet metal, we will teach you the rest!
We’re looking for candidates who show enthusiasm, a can-do team attitude, superior attention to detail and have a proven track record of reliability.
- Full time
- 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Immediate start
- Folding and cutting custom flashings
- Folding and cutting profiles such as Standing Seam, Flatlock, Interlocking, Nailstrip, Snaplock and custom designs
- Working with Steel, Copper, Zinc, Aluminium and Galvanised Steel
- General warehouse duties; maintaining a clean workspace, assisting other staff and management as required.
Required skills and experience
- Practical sheet metal manufacturing and fabrication experience
- Experience operating folders, slitters, guillotines or similar machinery
- Attention to detail and pride in their work
- Reliable and committed to appointed shifts (proven record of this may be requested)
- Able to operate unsupervised and complete allocated work
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with production deadlines
- Able to take direction and listen to lead hands and management
- Awareness of safe work practices and OH&S
- Strong communication skills
- A team player who is willing to help others
- Not afraid to ask for help or clarification
- Motivated to improve skill level and actively contribute to a growing business
- Ambitious and willing to take on new challenges
- Must own reliable mode of transport, available at all times for travel to and from work
- Must hold current Australian drivers licence
Highly regarded skills and experience
- + 5 years sheet metal, cladding fabrication and/or associated machine operation/fabrication experience
- First class sheet metal worker and/or relevant manufacturing qualification
- Forklift licence
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Problem solving skills and independent thinking
Ideally the successful candidate will be experienced with sheet metal manufacturing.
Cladding system fabrication details will be taught if the successful candidate is new to facade panel manufacturing. For the right person, willing to learn and show dedication to the company, ARBS offers on-the-job, ongoing training and mentoring, covering cladding basics through to expert understandings and practical skill levels.
There are lots of career progression opportunities for those who show promise and ambition.
Hourly pay rate will be negotiated according to experience and skill.
A position is also available for an metal fabrication apprenticeship.
To apply ~ send your CV and a short summary explaining how you meet the role’s requirements email@example.com